by Lynn Shapiro
, Writer | February 04, 2009
Medical devices in most Russian hospitals and clinics are obsolete and need immediate replacement. The market is an attractive one for foreign manufacturers willing to do business in a country where government policies often dictate foreign investment.
Here are some reasons to try to capture Russian demand: The growth in demand for medical devices in 2007 was 7.1 percent but is believed to have slowed in 2008 to 4.8 percent, due to the global recession. Demand is expected to increase to between €1.3 and €1.6 billion in 2012, according to the Global Research & Data Services study.
The research provides an overview of the Russian medical device market. The subjects discussed in this analysis include:
Quest Imaging Solutions provides all major brands of surgical c-arms (new and refurbished) and carries a large inventory for purchase or rent. With over 20 years in the medical equipment business we can help you fulfill your equipment needs
- Demand for medical devices in Russia (total and by product group).
- Registration of medical devices in Russia
- Forecasts (effects of the present financial crisis have been taken into account, and the forecasts include both optimistic and pessimistic scenarios)
- Companies in the market
- The competitive landscape
- The Russian health care network
Further information about the market analysis can be found at this site: http://public.mailem.fi/globalr/2009-02-02/888/article_1181_606714.html
Watch for future coverage of opportunities in the Russian market in DOTmed News.