From the May 2017 issue of HealthCare Business News magazine
Pittsburgh will be the host city for the SIIM 2017 annual meeting, with the June 1-3 event set for the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
The opening general session — The 2017 Dwyer Lecture — is scheduled for Thursday, June 1, from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., and features the title “Harnessing Artificial Intelligence: Medical Imaging’s Next Frontier.”
Delivering the address will be Keith J. Dreyer, Ph.D., the vice chairman of radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital, the director of the Center for Clinical Data Science at Massachusetts General Hospital and associate professor of radiology at Harvard Medical School. The objectives of the event will include:
Quest Imaging Solutions provides all major brands of surgical c-arms (new and refurbished) and carries a large inventory for purchase or rent. With over 20 years in the medical equipment business we can help you fulfill your equipment needs
• To understand the potential impact of artificial intelligence on the medical imaging industry.
• Become aware of alternative use cases and approaches to implementation of AI in health care.
• Consider the challenges of AI adoption in health care, including training sets, ground truth, implementation, education, adoption, ethics and legal ramifications.
• Prepare for the future of health care AI as a provider, payer and supplier of information technology.
The program schedule will conclude with the closing general session, “Weaving a Fabric of Trust: Ensured Security, Privacy, Resilience and Accountability.” It will take place on Saturday, June 3, from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. It will be delivered by Greg Shannon, Ph.D., chief scientist at Carnegie Mellon University’s CERT Division, and the former assistant director of cybersecurity strategy in the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy.
The objectives of the lecture will include:
• Appreciate how security, privacy, resilience and accountability work together to build trust with patients, providers and society.
• Identify emerging technologies that ensure security, privacy, resilience or accountability in the health care industry.
In addition to the events taking place during the first three days of June, the SIIM preconference activities are scheduled for Wednesday, May 31 at The Westin Convention Center.