From the July 2016 issue of HealthCare Business News magazine
AHRA’s 44th annual meeting and exposition is set for July 31 to Aug. 3.
The event will take place at The Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. More than 1,000 imaging leaders and 200 exhibitors will attend. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from educational session experts, network with medical imaging peers, connect with leading industry vendors and explore the sights and sounds of Nashville.
Special-Pricing Available on Medical Displays, Patient Monitors, Recorders, Printers, Media, Ultrasound Machines, and Cameras.This includes Top Brands such as SONY, BARCO, NDS, NEC, LG, EDAN, EIZO, ELO, FSN, PANASONIC, MITSUBISHI, OLYMPUS, & WIDE.
Special events taking place on Sunday, July 31, will include:
• The CRA Exam Workshop. This is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Lean Six Sigma Workshop. The event will occur from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Leadership and Mentoring for Radiology Directors and Managers, from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The keynote speaker scheduled to appear on Tuesday, Aug. 2, from 9:45 a.m. to 11 a.m. is Scott Steinberg. His topic will be “Leading with Innovation: How to Future- Proof Yourself, Fearlessly Innovate, and Succeed in the New Normal.” Breakout sessions will take place during the event. Some of the topics will include:
• Current Issues in Health Care Administration.
• A national Look at Joint Commission diagnostic imaging standards — one year later.
• Lessons from a large-scale health system’s journey toward constant dose awareness.
• MRI safety lessons learned, and the new Joint Commission standards.
• How can I get better data from my referring physicians?
• AHRA regulatory affairs update.
• Decoding the hidden message in your employee engagement scores.
• Clinical supervision for radiology scheduling.
• Improving CT workflow and contrast media utilization with syringeless power injector.
AHRA Exhibitors 2016
AFC Industries — Booth # 340
Sit. Stand. Raise monitors. Lower monitors. Move them in. Move them out. Different users. Different needs. Electronically height-adjustable at the touch of a button. Independent adjustment of monitor height and focal length for optimal viewing. These are the building blocks of AFC's ergonomic workstations. When you visit AFC Industries' booth (# 340) at this year's AHRA, you will see what one company, committed to ergonomics, is doing to improve worker productivity while maintaining an effective and efficient workplace. You will see the latest in Height Adjustable Workstations; Monitor Mounting Systems; Wall mounted desks, Tablet carts, Teleradiology carts and much more.
Bayer MVS — Booth # 602
Bayer MVS offers the Acuity DR™ 14×17 Wireless DR Detector. Transforming a conventional X-ray room into an efficient DR suite has never been easier. Acuity’s outstanding image quality can allow for quick, easy and reliable imaging. Multi-channel functionality allows for communication with multiple workstations through one detector. Bayer offers a hot swap option, over-nighting a replacement detector directly to you, minimizing costly downtime. All of these features and more can allow you to optimize your efficiency while providing a reliable and affordable DR solution. Visit booth #602 to learn how Bayer MVS can help you today!